Saturday, January 5, 2013

5/365

"I can call back the solemn twilight and mystery of the deep woods, the earthy smells, the faint odors of the wild flowers, the sheen of rain-washed foliage, the rattling clatter of drops when the wind shook the trees, the far-off hammering of wood-peckers.."
- Mark Twain



I have a newfound thing for birds and have had the desire to photograph a Cardinal for while now. I was given the chance to walk a little bit of this trail in the town next to mine and was overjoyed to see a Cardinal to photograph. Unfortunately, they are very fast and hard to capture with my little camera. But upon trying to photograph those bad boys, I came across this little guy, hard at work, knocking on anything in sight. He was a beauty indeed and I think now that just because what you wanted didn't happen doesn't mean that something worse will. I am really grateful I was able to shoot (photographly) this very social little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment